- Why the Friedman School
- How to Apply
- Visit Friedman
- International Students
- Tuition, Expenses & Financial Aid
- Degree Programs
- Agriculture, Food and Environment
- Food Policy & Applied Nutrition
- Master of Arts in Humanitarian Assistance
- Nutrition Interventions, Communication, and Behavior Change
- Biochemical & Molecular Nutrition
- Master of Science/Dietetic Internship
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Master of Nutrition Science and Policy, Blended Learning Program
- Combined Degree Programs
- Online Graduate Certificate Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Hirsh Health Sciences Library
- Degree Programs
- Student Life
- Academic Resources
- Financial Resources
- Campus Life
- Career Services
- Documents, Forms & Policies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty & Research
- Office of Faculty Affairs
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Resources
- Job/Career Openings
- Partners & Research Centers
- Faculty Research
- Student Research
- Modified MyPyramid for Older Adults
- Nutrition Talk: Friedman Internet Radio
- Academics & Working Papers
- MyPlate for Older Adults
- Alumni & Friends
- Nutrition Resources
The Health Sciences Campus houses not only the Friedman School of Nutrition but also Tufts University School of Medicine, the School of Dental Medicine, the Sackler School of Graduate Biomedical Sciences, and the Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging.
Located in Chinatown/Theater District, our neighbors offer a variety of food, shopping and cultural opportunities.
There are several options for grabbing a bite to eat on campus.
Food For Thought Cafe
Located on the fourth floor of Sackler Building, the Food For Thought Cafe offers a diverse healthy menu including soups, sandwiches, breakfast, and smoothies. Dinner features a saute station and special. Whole grains, vegetables and fruit are featured.
- Academic Year: Mon - Thur 7:30 am - 9pm; Fri 7:30 am - 4 pm; Sat 12 - 6 pm; Sun 12 - 9 pm
- Summer: Mon - Fri 7:30 am - 4 pm
- Jaharis Cafe
The Jaharis Cafe, on the first floor of Jaharis, offers hot specials, salads, prepared soups and sandwiches made to order. You can also grab snacks, baked goods, and beverages.
- Mon - Fri 7:30 am - 2:30 pm
- Soups On
Soups On, found on the seventh floor of the Dental School building, offers hot special of the day, soup and sandwiches made to order along with prepackaged sandwiches and snacks along with beverages.
- Mon - Fri 7:30 - 2:30 pm
To see all of Tufts dining options, including locations on other campuses, visit the Tufts Dining Services website: http://dining.tufts.edu/
Hirsh Health Science Library
Besides providing numerous resources and a place to do work, the Hirsh Heath Science Library, located in the Sackler Building, also houses IT Support. Everything from basic troubleshooting, to email and password retrieval. Learn more about their hours, their areas of expertise and download tip sheets at their web site: http://support.hsl.tufts.edu/
For library hours, information on resources and other information, please visit the Hirsh Library site: http://www.library.tufts.edu/hsl/index.html
On the lower level of Sackler Building is the Fitness Center which features free weights, a yoga studio and locker rooms. For more information, visit http://md.tufts.edu/Campus-and-Community/Fitness-Facilities
Posner Hall hosts a small fitness room in its basement. Students can find some cardio machines and free weights, along with a changing room.
We are also able to offer substantial savings for membership to the nearby Wang YMCA. At the YMCA, located at 8 Oak Street, students can take advantage of vast array of equipment, a pool, basketball courts, even personalized instruction. To see special student rates visit their web site: http://www.ymcaboston.org/wang/membership/
Our students are also able to utilize the facilities on the Medford campus. Visit the Athletics Department web site to see all the features available.