- Why the Friedman School
- How to Apply
- Visit Friedman
- International Students
- Tuition, Expenses & Financial Aid
- Degree Programs
- Combined Degree Programs
- Online Certificate Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Hirsh Health Sciences Library
- Student Life
- Academic Resources
- Financial Resources
- Campus Life
- Career Services
- Documents, Forms & Policies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty & Research
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Resources
- Partners & Research Centers
- Faculty Research
- Student Research
- Modified MyPyramid for Older Adults
- Nutrition Talk: Friedman Internet Radio
- Academics & Working Papers
- MyPlate for Older Adults
- Alumni & Friends
Christine WankeProfessor, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
- Director, Nutrition/Infection Unit, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Associate Chair and Professor, Department of Public Health and Family Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Professor, Department of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Professor, Tufts School of Veterinary Medicine
- M.D., University of Wisconsin School of Medicine
- B.A. in South Asian Studies, University of Wisconsin
Select Recent Publications
Framingham risk score and early markers of atherosclerosis in a cohort of adults infected with HIV. Antiviral Therapy. 2011;16:1-8.
Malnutrition in a population of HIV-positive and HIV-negative drug users living in Chennai, South India. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 2011.
Markers of atherosclerosis and inflammation and mortality in patients with HIV infection. Atherosclerosis. 2011;214:468-73.
Repeated assessments of food security predict CD4 change in the setting of antiretroviral therapy. Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes. 2011.
Comparison of standard PCR/cloning to single genome sequencing for analysis of HIV-1 populations. Journal of Virological Methods. 2010;168:114-20.