- Why the Friedman School
- How to Apply
- Visit Friedman
- International Students
- Tuition, Expenses & Financial Aid
- Degree Programs
- Combined Degree Programs
- Online Certificate Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Hirsh Health Sciences Library
- Student Life
- Academic Resources
- Financial Resources
- Campus Life
- Career Services
- Documents, Forms & Policies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty & Research
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Resources
- Partners & Research Centers
- Faculty Research
- Student Research
- Modified MyPyramid for Older Adults
- Nutrition Talk: Friedman Internet Radio
- Academics & Working Papers
- MyPlate for Older Adults
- Alumni & Friends
Alice H LichtensteinStanley N. Gershoff Professor of Nutrition Science and Policy, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy
- Professor of Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Associated Faculty, Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Division of Clinical Care Research, Department of Medicine, Tufts Medical Center
Senior Scientist and Director, Cardiovascular Nutrition Laboratory, Jean Mayer USDA Human Nutrition Research Center on Aging
D.Sc. in Nutritional Biochemistry, Harvard University
Select Recent Publications
Concordance of randomized and nonrandomized studies was unrelated to translational patterns of two nutrient-disease associations. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2012;65:16-29.
Adherence index based on the AHA 2006 diet and lifestyle recommendations is associated with select cardiovascular disease risk factors in older Puerto Ricans. The Journal of Nutrition. 2011;141:460-9.
Apolipoprotein B-100-Containing Lipoprotein Metabolism in Subjects With Lipoprotein Lipase Gene Mutations. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology. 2011.
Changes in cholesterol homeostasis modify the response of F1B hamsters to dietary very long chain n-3 and n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids. Lipids in Health and Disease. 2011;10:186.
Dietary Patterns Are Associated with Disease Risk among Participants in the Women's Health Initiative Observational Study. The Journal of Nutrition. 2011.