- Why the Friedman School
- How to Apply
- Visit Friedman
- International Students
- Tuition, Expenses & Financial Aid
- Degree Programs
- Agriculture, Food and Environment
- Food Policy & Applied Nutrition
- Master of Arts in Humanitarian Assistance
- Nutrition Communication & Behavior Change
- Biochemical & Molecular Nutrition
- Master of Science/Dietetic Internship
- Nutritional Epidemiology
- Master of Nutrition Science and Policy, Blended Learning Program
- Combined Degree Programs
- Online Graduate Certificate Programs
- Academic Calendar
- Hirsh Health Sciences Library
- Degree Programs
- Student Life
- Academic Resources
- Financial Resources
- Campus Life
- Career Services
- Documents, Forms & Policies
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Faculty & Research
- Faculty Directory
- Faculty Resources
- Partners & Research Centers
- Faculty Research
- Student Research
- Modified MyPyramid for Older Adults
- Nutrition Talk: Friedman Internet Radio
- Academics & Working Papers
- MyPlate for Older Adults
- Alumni & Friends
The Friedman School is a strong institution due to the involvement of its alumni and many friends. Learn more about the school, including ways to get involved and to support its mission:
Visit our web site: http://alumni.nutrition.tufts.edu
Greetings, fellow alumni!
The Friedman School Alumni Association is entering its 8th year, and I am excited to build on it success. Our mission is to: develop and maintain an active community of engaged alumni. The Association is committed to assisting members of the community achieve their professional and personal goals, as well as supporting the Friedman School's mission and objectives.
Led by a volunteer Executive Council consisting of over 25 members, the association has to date focused on the following key initiatives:
- Organizing networking and social events, including reunion and alumni career panels.
- Recruiting volunteers to give career advice to students and other graduates through the Tufts online community.
- Fundraising to increase alumni participation in the Annual Fund a crucial source of dollars for the school's top priorities.
- Hosting programs that build stronger connections between students and graduates.
If you would like to reach an Executive Council member or want to help with association programs, contact Sean Devendorf, Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Relations in the Friedman School Office of Development and Alumni Relations, at 617-636-2940 or email@example.com.
I look forward to seeing you at Alumni Association events!
Abigail Usen, MS, RD
President, Friedman School Alumni Association
The Friedman School is in a class by itself. As the only graduate school of nutrition in North America, it serves as a vital center of learning for future leaders in the nutrition and health fields. Its research and educational programs help people around the world make smart choices about diet, nutrition, and exercise—solidly backed by cutting-edge science.
Every month, thousands of people rely on the Tufts University Health & Nutrition Letter for trustworthy information about the latest nutrition research and helpful strategies for healthy living. Does consuming ginger help alleviate arthritis pain? Is the Body Mass Index the right indicator of cardiovascular risk? Can a brisk walk help keep vascular dementia at bay? Research conducted at Tufts is finding answers to these and countless other questions.
The Friedman School's mission is ambitious and increasingly urgent: to advance the nutritional well-being of people worldwide through excellence in research and teaching, and the shaping of public policy. The school achieves this broad mandate by bringing together experts from a variety of fields to explore the myriad ways in which nutrition affects human growth and development, at all stages of life.
At the Friedman School, science lives in service to the world.
- Tufts Health & News
- Give Now
- Giving and its Impact
- Current News and Events
- Recorded & Archived Events
- Dean’s Letter for Tufts Nutrition
- Nutrition Magazine
- Partners and Research Centers
- Friedman Development Office - Contact us
Add your name to our Mailing List
Want to learn about what the Friedman School is doing? Would you like a copy of the Dean's Letter and other resources when they are published? Add your name and email address to our mailing list.